This is the official website for the indirect purchaser settlements in the Optical Disk Drive Antitrust litigation. On this website you can find details about the litigation, settlements, and your options. A federal court has approved the notices and forms on this site, and the administrator who runs the site operates under the supervision of class counsel.
Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation
United States District Court, Northern District of California
Case No. 3:10-MD-2143-RS (MDL 2143)
Eligibility for this case:
- Purchased a new computer with an internal ODD*, a stand-alone ODD* designed for internal use in a computer, or an ODD* designed to be attached externally to a computer…
- While a resident of Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wisconsin…
- During the period of April 2003 to December 2008 for your own use and not for resale…
Then you are likely eligible for cash benefits from settlements in this case.
*ODD refers to a DVD-RW, DVD-ROM, or COMBO drive manufactured by one or more Defendants or their alleged conspirators. For class members to be eligible, you must file a claim online or by mail by October 30, 2017.
Para una notificación en Español, llamar 1-877-368-9020 o visitar www.DollarsForDiskDrives.com.
Your Rights and Options
Consumers have the right, by law, to:
- Exclude yourself from being a class member (which maintains your right to sue the defendants independently),
- File an objection to the case (for anything other than requesting a larger settlement amount or otherwise changing the terms of the settlement)
- Appear at the Final Approval Hearing, either in person or through your own attorney. If you appear through your own attorney, you are responsible for paying that attorney.
The Exclusion and Objection filing deadlines for the Optical Disk Drive Antitrust case have already passed (July 14, 2017).
The Final Approval Hearing was held on September 14, 2017 at 1:30 PM at the United States District Court, 450 Golden Gate Ave, San Francisco, CA, Courtroom 3 – 17th Floor.